Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Hey everyone~
Well today is Thursday and I swear in on Saturday night. We had our going away party yesterday with our families and we have just been living it up at the hotel. Boy do I love running water and air. I tried sending an email last week with no success. Life has been happening here. I am moving to Nametil, Nampula. It is a northern province. Think of Moz as the east coast. I have been at the bottom and am flying to the top. It is a 2 hour flight with a 2-3 hour chapa ride. I am so excited. This will be the first time that PC is in Nampula and there are 2 groups of us going-all girls. I will be living with Helana which people have commented is an odd pair. I think we will be good together-she is a bio teacher. I met my supervisor today-I am kind of weirded out by him-that may just be me. But it is supposed to be awesome where I am going. I can't believe I will be the first in the town-but I did request that. The northern province has a big muslim community. Which may or may not have an impact on how the school is-I will find out soon. I will be living in a mud house with a cement floor-this is mandatory. I have electricity but do not have cell phone capabilities-I am told within a year this should happen. I am keeping my phone and figure I will use it once a month when I go into the city. I will let everyone know when that is so that we can keep in touch. Basically if you want to talk to me, I suggest calling....now. I don't guarantee anything after sunday. Oh one thing chega-which means no more packages for now. Since I will be in Nampula I will only be coming to Maputo every 3 months. Which means my package would be here and I won't see it for that long. So when I get an address in Nampula I will send it out. Letters definitely I want sent to Nampula, the thing with packages is that the PC pays for them to get out of customs. If they are sent to my site then I have to pay out of pocket. So maybe send the packages just remember that it will be awhile. The next time I will be in Maputo is late April.
Anyway I am really excited. I can't believe training is over. We have a big party at the ambassadors and then we're off. Well thats all for now. I will write some time soon...maybe. Who knows.
Love you and miss you all,
Shells

No comments: