Monday, February 09, 2004

Hey everyone~
Well school started about 2 weeks ago. Right before that we moved into our house. Its great as it falls apart with us. The cement in our latrine has decided to cave in, which they have finally fixed, our door broke which we got fixed, we bought a freezer that has electrocuted the hell out of everyone in the house except for me. But we just had our faulty electricity redone yesterday so everything is good. Our brand new roof was leaking, but I think they fixed that. They put up a fence without a door, Iºm not quite sure why. And we have a well hole in our back yard that is big enough for one of us to fall down. They were supposed to top it off but they havenºt. Otherwise the house is great. We have ants that bite you and inject stuff into you and it hurts like hell. Toads seem to love our house. I dislike going to bed and having dirt on my bed so I hung capullanas on my walls to at least minimize the amount of dirt that falls. I bought a fan to use for those hot nights. Which it has actually been pretty cool lately. We have a cat almost. She is still nursing but we will bring her home soon. My roomy has deemed me the PCP Peace Corps Princess. Which I think everyone will find hilarious.
Otherwise school is great. I love teaching. I have 7 classes 3 times a week. I have a night class that is so full of energy. You can only make english so fun. The school schedule is messy. We have been teaching for 2 weeks and there are still professors who have not showed up for classes, they keep changing the schedule and now on monday we are getting 11 new professors. I am not sure why they donºt do all this before school starts, all I can say is it is Mozambique.
We have a boy Kino that lives with us. Actually he lives in teh kitchen. It is a house separate tahn ours and it has 2 rooms and today will have electricity. He is a good kid. He cooks and cleans for us strange americans. He starts night school on Monday, which we are helping him with. He just kind of fell into us. He was told to help us out and then he´s like I want to live here and moved into our kitchen. He was really shy at first but we said if he didnºt start coming out of his shell then we would need someone new. So heºs not slacking anymore.
Oh before i forget I lost my cell. Actually it was stolen today. It was my fault for not keeping a better eye on it but oh well. I got inot nampula and just wanted to get everything done to get out of here, go home and rest so taht I can go out tonight to where else but the discoteca. Our friends that go to school in Nampula come home on the weekends so its our time with them. Anyway when i get a new phone I will send out an email. I will still be in Maputo on the 8th so expect an email probably on the 9th with a number.
Ok, I should go time is running out.
I miss you all and hope everyone is in good health
Love ya guys
Shells xoxoxoxoxox
Oh if you sent things to that school address it is cool. Scott I got your letters. Mom, Cor and Scott I sent letters off to you guys today.
And yes I am still in Mozambique and loving it!!!!!

No comments: