Monday, February 09, 2004

Hey everyone^
Well it is Wednesday and school starts either next monday or tuesday. I am not sure which day and I donºt even know if the school knows. We are supposed to have our house on Thursday. We told them last week to give us a house, any house. Just so we didnºt have to deal with other visitors coming in and out of the house all the time. Its just an aggervating situation all over. Well last week after I returned from Maputo I came down with a really bad flu. The minister of health was trying to convince me it was Malaria and I just kept telling him no. He wanted to do a test and I was like your not sticking me with any needles. I just had a high fever for a couple days and I have been left with a nasty cough. It sounds like bronchitis but who knows. I figure it will pass as did the fever in time. So lately I have been doing a lot of nothing. A lot of resting and more resting. Today is really the first day I have done something productive. I am also waiting on our school to tell me what grades I am teaching. Which they are supposed to have meetings the week before school starts but thats this week and we have no such meetings. On sunday was Helenas birthday and she had a party at our favorite barraca. She bought a ton of food and the owners cooked it for her. It was really nice, it would have been a lot nicer if I felt a whole lot better . Oh well, only so much I can do.
Today when we were coming to the city we were in a chapa in the front seat minus the windshield. Talk about having dirt all over your face. It was kind of like driving a motorcycle with a really nice breeze. But it sucked when other drivers went past us and we had their dirt iin our faces. Well that is all I really have for now. Not much has been going on, I am sure the next time I write I will have a ton to say. So I hope everyone is doing well and that everyone is having a good new year.
Until Next time,
Michelle
Oh, keep sending things to my Maputo address

Michelle Kramer, PCV
Peace Corps
C.P. 4398
Maputo, Mozambique

The PC sends things to me once a month in my newsletter so just send my letters there and then they will reach me. I figure its safer than sending it to the school, I promise this will be the last time i CHANge my mind. And the next time I will have my phone on will be Feb.8th when I fly to Maputo.
Love and MIss you all

No comments: