Monday, February 26, 2007

Wow I can't believe its been so long since I last wrote. Well I COSed in Dec. of 05 and I headed back to the states at the end of Feb. 06. I had a really hard time this past year adjusting to everything. At some point in time I have switched from calling Mozambique my home to calling this place my home. I find it a little awkward actually now when I refer to Mozambique as my home. Though I do miss it a ton. I still keep in touch with a bunch of my friends and I think that has been what has kept me going. I would really like to go there for a month but I just started a new job and don't know if that will be possible. I am hoping to start grad school in the fall so somewhere between now and then would be great timing.
It is amazing at how many people have died since I left. My students, friends and acquaintences.
Lately I am trying to inundate myself with African art. If I see something I like I buy it so that I feel like I am back in Mozambique. I wish I brought more home with me even if it meant having to pay extra in baggage.
Oh another interesting tidbit is that it has taken me almost a full year to get back in the dating scene. I am glad I am back in it but for soooo long I just didn't want to have anything to do with it!

No comments: